Course length:Full Day Cost $100.00 + HST / Person
Safe and efficient use of overhead cranes in the workplace requires competent operators and awareness training for workers who share the workspace. This course provides participants with the knowledge they need to safely and efficiently operate overhead cranes and encourages the sharing of that knowledge with workers who work in the same areas. Safe Operating Procedures for a number of industrial crane types including: bridge, jib and gantry cranes are discussed.
Participants must achieve a score of at least 75% on a written test and successfully demonstrate the practical skills at an evaluation to be held at the participant’s place of employment in order to receive a certificate of competency.
Operators, workers, supervisors, JHSC members, and Health & Safety Representatives
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Discuss applicable legislation
- Identify hazards associated with overhead crane use
- Demonstrate pre-operational inspection of an overhead crane
- Discuss how sling angles affect capacity
- Discuss how to rig and safely move a load
- Demonstrate safe operating procedures
Practical evaluations must be completed within 60 days of completion of the theory portion of the course. The participant or the participant’s employer is responsible to provide the equipment on which the participant will be evaluated.
* Depending on location evaluation charges may apply. Please contact us for more information and fees.
- Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Industrial Regulation 851 s. 51(2)
- CSA B167-08