Cost $ 250.00 + HST (*Evaluation Charges May Apply)
Forklifts are used in many workplaces and it is imperative that operators and those who work around them understand the hazards associated with their use. This course is designed to give participants the knowledge they need to operate fork lift trucks safely and keep themselves and others around them from harm. Emphasis is put on operator competency and safe work practices.
Occupational Health & Safety Act
Industrial O. Reg. 851
Construction O. Reg. 213/91
Operators, Supervisors, JHSC members, and Safety Representatives
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Explain legislative requirements
- Identify hazards associated with operating a fork lift truck
- Explain the importance of pre-operational work-path inspection
- Explain fuel-source hazards
- Demonstrate pre-operational inspection of the equipment
- Demonstrate safe operating practices
- Explain the importance of the Internal Responsibility System as it relates to safety procedures for fork lift operators and those that work around them.
In order to pass this training course and complete certification, participants must achieve a passing grade of 75% on a written test and successfully demonstrate the practical skills of inspection and safe use of a lift truck. Evaluations must be completed within 60 days of having taken the course. Cost of evaluation is included in the course cost.The participant or the participant’s employer is responsible to provide the equipment on which the participant will be evaluated.
* Depending on location evaluation charges may apply. Please contact us for more information and fees.